A Battle Plan for Purity? Why another book on living sexually pure, when other authors and purity programs are already reporting great success in Christian circles? What differentiates the Way of Escape Battle Plan from purity programs that have gone before? There are five primary distinctive.
DISTINCTIVE OF THE WAY OF ESCAPE BATTLE PLAN FOR PURITY
- Limbic Weaponry: Emphasis is placed on using highly emotional, highly visual spiritual weaponry in the war against the flesh.
- Walking in the Spirit: Stepping up the degree to which one walks in the Spirit (Galatians 5:16) is the key to discovering God’s promised way of escape from temptation (I Corinthians 10:13).
- Active Pursuit of Regular Relationship Intimacy with the Holy Spirit: The active pursuit of regular relationship intimacy with the Holy Spirit is the key to unleashing His inner-working power (Ephesians 3:20) and winning the war against the flesh. Drop the passivity!
- Dramatic Drop in Enemy Attacks: The flesh’s attack capability is severely compromised by regular viewing of the Spirit-anointed, flesh-diffusing apps in pre-emptive mode, while the flesh is yet in a relatively weakened state.
- Accountability Group Not Required: By tapping into the Holy Spirit’s power to deliver from lusts of the flesh (Galatians 5:16), mind renewal is possible without ever having to enlist the aid of an accountability partner or group.
THAT FIFTH DISTINCTIVE IS HUGE
That fifth distinctive is huge. All Christian authors and purity programs that I have reviewed insist that this is a battle that cannot be won alone. If it is to be successful, an accountability partner/group must be part of the recovery program. In support of this position, Scripture passages encouraging the confession of sin to a fellow Christian are often cited (e.g., Galatians 6:1-2, James 5:16). As are the added benefits of building community and stronger churches.
Despite these strong and convincing arguments, I suspect that most Christians are still not seeking accountability-based help. In a survey of persons wanting to quit porn, a whopping 83% of respondents admitted to having no one in their life to help them quit . The Shame Factor is simply too high. Many more would be willing to give purity programs a try, if they were not required to be part of an accountability group.
A PURITY PROGRAM WHERE PARTICIPANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO BE PART OF AN ACCOUNTABILITY GROUP
Now imagine the impact of a Battle Plan for Purity that would allow the individual Christian—apart from an accountability group—to escape temptation. A Way of Escape proposes to offer just such a Battle Plan. The key to escape is learning how to step up the degree to which one “walks in the Spirit” (Galatians 5:16).
I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
A GAME-CHANGING BOOK HAS ARRIVED
In A Way of Escape, readers learn how to step up the degree to which they “walk in the Spirit” (Galatians 5:16). They learn how to build a library of Spirit-anointed, flesh-diffusing apps. Apps that are uniquely fitted to them, and their unique Spirit-filling triggers.
The still-struggling now have another option. The still-struggling now have fresh hope for discovering that long-sought-after way of escape from sin and temptation (I Corinthians 10:13). A way that–because it is wholly Spirit-powered–does not require enlisting the aid of an accountability partner or group. Truly, a game-changer!
To learn more about the book and its author:
To purchase the book: