Wiley Graf, PhD
Walking in the Spirit. Many of the blogs in this series feature a Galatians 5:16 call to walk in the Spirit. But what does it mean to “walk in the Spirit?” What does “walking in the Spirit” look like? Today’s blog provides some clarity.
I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).
1) Who Can Walk in the Spirit?: The Holy Spirit can only deliver those in whom He dwells (John 14:17). I cannot overcome the flesh by walking in the Spirit if I have never been born of the Spirit. To walk in the Spirit (Galatians 5:16), I must therefore first be born of the Spirit (John 3:3-8).
2) How to Walk in the Spirit?: In the Way of Escape Battle Plan, I am walking in the Spirit each time I experience a filling of the Spirit. In A Way of Escape, readers learn how to build a library of Spirit-anointed, flesh-diffusing apps. Apps that are uniquely fitted to them, and their unique Spirit-filling triggers.
3) Drop the Passivity!: Walking in the Spirit is a call to action. I am not to sit back, and passively wait for the flesh to launch an attack. The still-struggling must learn how to step up the degree to which they walk in the Spirit (Galatians 5:16). The still-struggling must drop the passivity, and learn how to actively pursue more regular relationship intimacy with the Holy Spirit.
4) Not a One-Size-Fits-All Experience: A heart-tugging sermon does it for one believer. It’s the “Nicodemus Weeps” scene from The Chosen for another. “Walking in the Spirit” is not a one-size-fits-all experience. What escorts one into the presence of the Spirit may be completely ineffective for another. Each genuinely born-again believer will have their own unique set of triggers. Each will therefore have to identify their own unique set of Spirit-anointed, flesh-diffusing applications.
5) No Special Spiritual Gifts Required: All who have been born of the Spirit have been empowered to walk in the Spirit. No special spiritual gifts are required.
A GAME-CHANGING BOOK HAS ARRIVED
In A Way of Escape, readers learn how to step up the degree to which they “walk in the Spirit” (Galatians 5:16). They learn how to build a library of Spirit-anointed, flesh-diffusing apps. Apps that are uniquely fitted to them, and their unique Spirit-filling triggers (Ephesians 5:18b-19).
The still-struggling now have another option. The still-struggling now have fresh hope for discovering that long-sought-after way of escape from sin and temptation (I Corinthians 10:13). A way that—because it is wholly Spirit-powered—does not require enlisting the aid of an accountability partner or group. Truly, a game-changer!
To learn more about the book and its author: https://www.wileygrafbooks.com/
To purchase the book: https://kharispublishing.com/kp/product/a-way-of-escape/